Initial Assessment & Massage
New clients will need to book an Initial Assessment & Massage before any other types massage.
What to expect:
- History, current lifestyle and future plans of the individual horse/pony including diet, workload, tack and general health.
- Static Assessment.
- Dynamic Assessment.
- Ridden or lunge Assessment (if possible).
All these assessments cover gait analysis, conformation analysis, passive stretches and palpation. All massage sessions will receive a report of the findings and "Plan of Action" will be designed uniquely for the horse/pony depending on the findings of the Initial Assessment & Massage.
The "Plan of Action" includes:
- Passive stretches for the owner to perform, known as "carrot stretches".
- Ridden or in-hand exercises to help and improve the horse/pony.
- Suggested lessons with HorseFit UK Accredited Professional Coach to aid both owner and horse with improvements; both on the ground or in the saddle.
- Extras such as nutrition, lifestyles changes, bonding exercises and general tack advice.